Adam is a member of Lamb Chambers’ Property team with experience dealing with all aspects of commercial and private landlord and tenant work, all aspects of real property disputes, cases involving mortgages or other charges, trusts and trusts of land. Adam also deals with inheritance and probate cases.
He is instructed by corporate, private and local authority clients. He also accepts instructions directly from members of the public under the bar’s direct access scheme.
Key areas of practice include:
- Commercial landlord and tenant disputes (including rent reviews; renewal of business tenancies; service charges; dilapidations and claims for compensation for improvements; forfeiture and other claims arising out of breach of covenants and issues of interpretation and enforceability of clauses)
- Residential landlord and tenant disputes (including disputes as to tenure; service charges and disrepair claims)
- Conveyancing and Land Registration
- Vendor and Purchaser
- Overage and option agreements
- Claims for adverse possession
- Party Walls and boundary disputes
- Easements and covenants
- Co-ownership, trusts and proprietary estoppel
- Public and private nuisance
- Mortgages and charges
Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Wills and Probate
- Housing & Local Government
- Social housing and homelessness
- Anti-social Behaviour
- Succession and the Right to Buy
- Judicial Review
Related cases of interest
- Wickes v Graham  EWCA Civ 1100 — Destination court for appeals on Part 8 claims.
- Kensington Mortgage Co. Ltd v Barons Finance  EWCA Civ 1592 — Mortgages, removal of restrictions and prejudice.
- Islam v Yap & Others  EWHC 3606 (QB) — Unlawful eviction of residential tenant.
- Bank of Cyprus v Markou and another  2 ALL ER 707 — Whether a guarantee and legal charge should be set aside against a wife on the grounds that she was acting under the undue influence of her husband.