Arfan Khan specialises in Chancery, Commercial, Public and International Law, having appeared as lead Counsel in some of the most important cases of the day. His practice covers the full spectrum of trial and appellate disputes across the business and commercial world, including banking & finance, civil fraud, property, intellectual property, employment, chancery, insolvency, company, insurance, arbitration, public and public international law. He has 15 years’ experience, having been called to the Bar in 2001 and was awarded:
- Leading Chancery Barrister of the Year 2015, ACQ Global Awards 2015.
- Leading Intellectual Property Barrister of the Year 2015, ACQ Global Awards 2015.
- Intellectual Property Barrister of the Year 2015, The Lawyer Monthly 2015.
He is listed in the directory of Global Law Experts as an IP Litigation Expert in England.
He was named Times Lawyer of the Week and has received judicial recognition for his advocacy in reported cases, including the following:
- “Focused”, “helpful” and “concise”: Patten LJ, Tomlinson LJ and Floyd LJ in Geller & Anor, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 45,  All ER (D) 54.
- “Advanced cogent arguments”: Rimer LJ in Gaurilcikiene v Tesco Stores  EWCA Civ 1612.
- “Able submissions both orally and in writing”: Lloyd LJ in Secretary of State v Property Investor’s Courses Ltd & Anor  EWCA Civ 104.
- “Ably represented [the Appellant]… in the best traditions of the Bar in a case involving a hugely complex background”: Wall LJ and Holeman J in M v M  2 FLR 957.