Andrea has experience with the following employment & discrimination:
- Hearing Experience
- Direct age discrimination
- Indirect age discrimination – see here
- Breach of contract – see here and here
- Disability within meaning of s6 EqA 2010 – see here
- Discrimination arising from disability
- Reasonable Adjustments – see here and here
- Pregnancy and Maternity Discrimination
- S18 Claim
- Victimisation – Andrea acted for the Claimant agency worker against one of the “Big Four” where one issues was whether the Respondent had discriminated against the Claimant by changing her workload and terminating her assignment as a direct result of her pregnancy and her need to take maternity leave. (February 2023)
- Constructive dismissal – see here
- Unfair dismissal – see here and here and here
- Holiday pay – see here
- Whistleblowing – Andrea acted for a Respondent who faced a post Covid whistleblowing claim alleging furlough fraud. (2023)
- Procedural Experience – Andrea has experience in making successful applications in the employment tribunal in the following areas.
Andrea has procedural experience in making successful applications in the employment tribunal in the following areas.
- Acas Code – failure to comply with – see here
- Amendment applications – see here
- Costs – see here and here
- Wasted Costs – see here
- Jurisdiction – see here and here
- Issue Estoppel – see here
- Reinstatement – see here
- Unless Orders / Strike Out
- No reasonable prospects, abuse of process – see here
- Failure to progress case – see here
- Witness Orders – Andrea acted for a pharmaceutical company where the Respondent witnesses were reluctant to attend due to witness intimidation.
Andrea’s representative work includes:
Whistleblowing Investigation for NHS 111 Service
- Andrea was instructed to investigate substantial whistleblowing allegations for a long-established social enterprise in the healthcare sector which runs services for two large integrated urgent care providers.
- The instructing entity was contracted to provide “in hour” GP and dental primary care treatment services, and so was responsible for the security of controlled drugs. It was also contracted to run call centres providing the NHS 111 service and the “out of hours” service for urgent primary care calls.
- The investigation covered diverse complaints about all aspects of the above service. This meant getting up to speed on the minute detail of how different aspects of the business operated, as well as in relation to external regulations. Andrea interviewed, over 30 witnesses and received and marshalled documents from them to produce her independent report of over 300 pages. The above investigation was conducted online due to the covid pandemic and took 3 months full time work. (August 2020)
Grievance Investigation for NHS trust
- An NHS Trust instructed Andrea to investigate one of its departments having received over 80 competing grievance allegations from three consultants including complaints made from and about the Head of the Department.
- The investigation took 7 months full time work. It covered diverse complaints about the running of the entire department, including an allegation of failure to competently remodel the department’s service. The investigation also covered the competency or otherwise of the three consultants and failure to follow internal policies. To produce her report Andrea needed to understand how the department’s entire service operated and how it integrated with the hospital and the community. Andrea interviewed 16 witnesses and received and marshalled documents from them to produce two independent reports of over 800 pages. All the above was done online due to the covid pandemic. (September 2021)