Members of Chambers have a broad range of expertise in dealing with disputes involving consumers. Our experience encompasses consumer credit, sale and supply of goods and services and product liability. Many of our members are qualified to take instructions directly from the public. Please contact the clerks for further information or visit individual Members’ pages.
We act for various creditors, including banks and other financial institutions, as well as for borrowers. Our experience includes claims relating to both consumer credit and consumer hire agreements. Members have particular experience of the following:
- Mis-sold payment protection insurance (“PPI”) claims
- Hire purchase agreements (including issues concerning alleged misrepresentations by suppliers/brokers)
- Enforceability of credit agreements, including improperly executed regulated agreements
- Unfair relationships (sections 140A-D of Consumer Credit Act 1974)
- Credit hire
Sale and supply of goods and services
Our members act for companies, tradesmen and consumers in claims involving the following:
- Issues with quality and/or fitness for purpose of purchases
- Building disputes
- Claims by or against tradesmen
- Unfair terms and conditions
We act in claims involving all aspects of product liability.
Members of our specialist Personal injury and Clinical negligence group have particular experience of personal injury claims relating to defective products.
In each of the above areas members of Chambers can offer a full range of services from advice in writing or in conference to drafting documents and representation at court hearings.
In cases involving relatively low value claims, our members are always alive to the need for cost-effective solutions and alternatives to litigation such as mediation where appropriate.