Richard’s specific areas of practice include:
- Road Traffic: Including multiple vehicle accidents, public service vehicles, uninsured drivers (MIB), drivers from overseas/accidents abroad and accidents involving pedestrians. Richard has a particular interest in claims arising out of motorcycle accidents.
- Fatal Accidents: Representation in the Coroner’s Court. Claims on behalf of the estate and the dependants.
- Fraud: Richard’s Defendant practice includes defending fraudulent and exaggerated claims, including staged accidents, induced accidents, phantom passengers and trivial/non-injury accidents.
- Public Liability/Highways Act: Accidents in shops and schools, and on the public highway.
- Animals: Injuries and damage caused by the actions of animals, under the Animals Act 1971 and at common law.
- Employers’ Liability: From slippery floors and defective equipment to falls from scaffolding and assault by co-workers.
- Industrial Disease: Richard is instructed in claims for asbestos-related disease, noise-induced hearing loss, hand-arm vibration syndrome (‘VWF’), work-related upper limb disorder (‘RSI’), and occupational stress.
- Air/Sea Accidents and Holiday Claims: Claims under the Warsaw, Montreal and Athens Conventions and the Package Travel Regulations.
- Professional Negligence: Acting for and against Solicitors and Insurers in claims arising out of PI & Medical cases.