Landlord and tenant and housing:
Emily’s practice covers all aspects of landlord and tenant and housing work with a particular emphasis on social housing related matters including all aspects of possession proceedings, nuisance and anti social behaviour, unlawful sub-letting, public law defences, disability discrimination succession, right to buy, trespass, disrepair and housing management. Emily regularly acts for social landlords and advises in relation to housing management issues, lease agreements, competing rights between landlords, long leases, right to buy, service charges and forfeiture.
Beneficial interests and other interests in property:
Emily regularly advises and represents clients in disputes between co-owners and claims for beneficial (or other) interests in land including claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996, Inheritance Act claims, priority of interests in land and claims for ancillary relief.
In addition Emily continues to represent clients in all aspects of family law and in particular claims for ancillary relief or involving quasi-matrimonial finance.
Work recently undertaken:
- Inheritance Act claims by cohabitees.
- Co-ownership disputes, equitable accounting in respect of investment properties, powers of the court under TOLATA.
- Cohabitee claims under TOLATA and estoppel.
- Ancillary relief and financial relief for unmarried couples in respect of children.
- Regularly appears in civil and family courts and RTMs.