Harriet is developing a strong broad commercial practice and has experience working on a range of commercial and insurance matters, including drafting, trials, applications, CMCs, and costs budgeting.
Harriet is regularly instructed in debt recovery matters, credit hire cases, and claims made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 procedure. Harriet accepts instructions in all commercial matters.
- TS v T UK Ltd (2021) – Drafted defence for a well-known multinational telecommunications company against a claim in relation to erroneous overcharges and breach of express contract terms as well as implied terms of reasonable care and skill, pursuant to the SGSA 1982.
- MW v HB Ltd – Drafted advice in a contractual dispute regarding a joint venture and share of profits of completed projects.
- W&D Ltd v L Ltd (2021) – Drafted particulars of claim and reply to defence and counterclaim in relation to building work disputes.
- TC v RBS plc (2021) – Successfully represented client in a high value trial regarding an unfair payment protection insurance relationship.
- SJH v CL (2021) – Drafted defence and successfully obtained at an application hearing an unless order to require fraud be properly pleaded.
- AATM Ltd v PR of AT(D) – Drafted opinion as to merits and quantum regarding a breach of contract and care services claim against a care home.
- TTRS Ltd v NM Ltd (2021) – Successfully submitted and recovered substantial costs in circumstances whereby the Claimant had filed a notice of discontinuance the day prior to trial.
- RCI Ltd v ACF (2021) – successfully represented finance company in a debt recovery matter and defeated a Consumer Rights Act 2015 defence.