Matthew regularly appears in the Insolvency and Companies List of the Business and Property Courts. He has been dealing with insolvency cases since his call in 2003, his first reported case being Re J S Gill  EWHC 883 (Ch);  BPIR 129 which dealt with annulling a bankruptcy where creditors were no longer traceable. Matthew receives instructions from insolvency practitioners, companies and individuals. He is happy to receive instructions on a Direct Access basis in appropriate cases.
Examples of recent insolvency work
- An ongoing series of linked insolvency applications (including disclaimer and vesting order applications) where the debtor alleges his longstanding bankruptcy order is the result of his impersonation by a fraudster
- Advising a company incorporated in the Netherlands Antilles in respect of jurisdiction issues in commencing insolvency proceedings against a BVI company
- Application to annul bankruptcy pursuant to s.282 IA 1986
- Chapper v Fox  EWHC 2609 (Ch) – An appeal before Henry Carr J dealing with the consequences of highly unusual orders made pursuant to s.333 IA 1986 (which prevented a bankrupt from contacting various individuals)
- Acting for bankrupt facing claims by his trustee in bankruptcy pursuant to s.339 (transactions at an undervalue), s.340 (preferences) and s.423 (transactions defrauding creditors) IA 1986
- Advising and acting (on both sides) in numerous winding-up and bankruptcy petitions and applications for rescission and set aside
Matthew is very happy to deliver seminars and training to solicitors on a variety of insolvency and commercial topics.