Richard is a specialist personal injury practitioner whose practice spans the full breadth of PI claims, from trippers to industrial disease, and from whiplash to tetraplegia. He also undertakes clinical negligence work and cases involving professional negligence arising out of PI & Medical claims. Richard is regularly instructed on behalf of both Claimants and Defendants, and has extensive experience over 25 years of advocacy in the County Court, Coroner’s Court, High Court and Court of Appeal, related advice and drafting, mediation and other forms of ADR.
Richard lectures to both solicitors and barristers on various aspects of personal injury law and has featured on the College of Law’s ‘Legal Network Television’ DVD-based training service. He has written articles on aspects of personal injury law and practice.
- Melzer Prize for Physical Sciences (Ward Freman School, Buntingford)
- MA, Natural Science and Law (Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge)
- Fitzwilliam College Prize for Natural Sciences
- Clough Scholarship (Fitzwilliam College)
- Bar Vocational Course, very competent (Inns of Court School of Law)
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition (Middle Temple)
- Jules Thorn Scholarship (Middle Temple)
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
Film, food and rabbits.