Dominic practises international, commercial and property law.
Legal Counsel at the world’s largest publicly-traded property and casualty insurer, he specialises in autonomous sanctions surrounding marine and aviation insurance.
He was judicial assistant to Sir Brian Leveson (then President of the Queen’s Bench Division).
Dominic assists authors to publish academic articles and professional texts on national and international law. He also publishes in his own right.
Seminars / training
Dominic accepts invitations to present seminars / training from professional clients. He also attends other professional events.
- ‘Small Claims Training’ – Seminar One, 8 September 2020 (admissions; interim payments; and remote final hearings); Seminar Two, 30 September 2020 (when, how and benefits of making an oral application for strike out and / or summary judgment; judicial intervention v entering the arena; and departure from fixed costs following a finding that a party has behaved unreasonably); and Seminar Three, 23 October 2020 (appearing against litigants in person)
- Training for a niche commercial and residential property law firm on forfeiture, trespass and assured shorthold tenancies (July 2020)
- ‘Future of International Dispute Resolution’ (discussant analysing the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on international commercial contracts with the International Dispute Resolution Group, June 2020)
- ‘Jurisdiction and Choice of Law Clauses in International Commercial Contracts’ (seminar to City lawyers, November 2019)
- Defence barrister in a mock trial following a road traffic collision and claim for credit hire (training for a leading law firm of about 2,500 employees and an insurer with over 166,000 employees, July 2019)
- ‘International Law in Future Frontiers’ (Chatham House, May 2022)
- ‘Mediation and Negotiation Masterclass’ (Property Bar Association, April 2022)
- ‘Revisiting: We, the Robots’ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, March 2022)
- ‘PBA Annual Dinner 2021’ (Globe Theatre, London, December 2021)
- ‘PBA Conference 2021 – Property Litigation in a World of Change’ (November 2021)
- ‘Civil Mediation Council Annual Conference 2021’ (Remote, November 2021)
- ‘Junior PBA Webinar – Dilapidations and Disrepair’ (Remote, July 2021)
- ‘Civil Mediation Council Annual Conference 2020’ (Remote, November 2020)
- ‘Short Course: Public International Law in Practice’ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, September 2020)
- ‘Short Course: Law of the Sea’ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, September 2020)
- ‘Collaborative Resolution of Disputes and COVID-19’ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, June 2020)
- ‘Meeting in a Post-pandemic World’ (Civil Mediation Council, June 2020)
- ‘Virtual Justice in France, UK and US: Status and Challenges of Remote Hearings and Trials‘ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, June 2020
- ‘Artificial Intelligence: The Future of Regulation – A Conversation with Lord Clement-Jones’ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, June 2020)
- ‘Force Majeure and Hardship in Commercial Contracts: Cross-border and Comparative Perspectives’ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, April 2020)
- ‘COVID-19 and International Law: What Went Wrong and What Can We Learn From It?’ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, April 2020)
- ‘National Security and the Law in the 2020s’ (Middle Temple, February 2020)
- ‘Climate Change Litigation: Comparative and International Perspectives’ (British Institute of International and Comparative Law, January 2020)
- ‘Civil Mediation Council Annual Conference 2019’ (Hallam Conference Centre, November 2019)
- ‘Property Bar Association Conference 2018: Fraud and Equity in Practice’ (The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, 27 November 2018)
Dominic holds two postgraduate qualifications, is an active member of various domestic and international professional associations, and enjoys gardening, travelling and learning about geopolitics when time permits.
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in Professional Legal Practice (incorporating the BPTC), BPP University Law School, London Holborn, awarded Distinction
- Master of Laws (LL.M), King’s College London, School of Law, awarded Distinction
- Law (LL.B Hons) with European Legal Studies, King’s College London, School of Law (incorporating an Erasmus exchange at Uppsala University, Sweden)
- Training “Merlin” the German Shepherd, playing the VAD 706 V-Drums Acoustic Design, and horse-riding
- Conserving a Sixteenth-Century, Grade II listed property of special architectural and historic interest, as a member of The Listed Property Owners’ Club
- National, regional and global threats, challenges and opportunities including the changing nature of geopolitics in relation to sustainable growth, prevention of conflict, and development of the rule of law