Ben regularly acts for businesses and consumers in disputes involving breach of contract, sale and supply of goods and services, consumer protection legislation and flight delay/cancellation, including debt recovery litigation and enforcement and costs litigation.
Ben accepts instructions in individual and corporate insolvency and has attended hundreds of petitions in the County Court and High Court, as well as a variety of insolvency applications involving issues such as annulment, restraint of statutory demand, rectification/extension of time for registration of a charge, validation orders and orders for possession and sale.
Ben also regularly acts for defendant insurers in road traffic accidents involving credit hire and is experienced at dealing with issues such as mitigation of loss, diminution in value and loss of profit.
Examples of recent work
- Ben successfully acted for a business leasing company in multiple cases involving breach of contract.
- Ben drafted pleadings for a litigation funder for breach of contract in high value commercial litigation.
- Ben successfully obtained the dismissal of a high-value bankruptcy petition in the High Court.
- Ben advised on a construction dispute and drafted pleadings.
- Ben drafted pleadings for recovery of a high value bridging loan.
- Ben successfully represented various defendant insurers in numerous credit hire cases.