Elizabeth is an experienced commercial practitioner with particular experience in insolvency matters, professional negligence and banking guarantees and securities. She also advises and provides seminars to companies on their data protection obligations.
Elizabeth’s practice encompasses the following areas:
- Shareholder disputes
- Directors’ duties
- Personal insolvency – IVAs, statutory demands, bankruptcy generally
- Commercial disputes
- Sale and supply of goods and services
- Data protection
- Acting for a defendant building contractor and build client in a claim and counterclaim for breach of contract brought by a claimant sub-contractor.
- Acting for a building contractor in a successful claim to recover the build cost of a conservatory in the TCC and defend a substantial counterclaim for breach of contract.
- Acting for a right to manage (RTM) company to successfully defend a counterclaim brought by a long lessee and shareholder in the RTM company for repayment of a loan which had not been properly assigned.
- Acting for a building contractor in striking out a claim for breach of contract brought by a client.
- Advising an appropriate body of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Representing co-directors in a summary judgment application brought by a bank founded on personal guarantees entered into by the directors to obtain a loan facility for their company. The claim was defended on the basis of misrepresentation as to the extent of the directors’ liabilities under the guarantees.